Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Time Waits for No Man

...which also means "A Sale Waits for No Woman".

With the Canon Sale ending on 2 Mar, I rushed down to Audio House with Hafidz and the Godparents to pick out my next digital camera- the Canon Powershot SX100 IS.

And I am back in love with the wonderful world of technology.


:::Image with no zoom:::





















:::@ 10x Digital Zoom:::





















:::Indoor MACRO without flash:::





















I've used it all of 3 days and an amateur like me is still learning the workings of a mini SLR (the manual has become a permanent handbag item). I'm still slow deciding on the correct settings to pick- Portrait/ Landscape/ Nightshot/ Kids&Pets/ Special Scenes (indoor/fireworks/nightscene/aquarium/snow/beach!!!) but here's a quick rundown of the things I already love about it:

a) Colours are lovely and vibrant.
b) Using flash does not wash out all the colours.
c) Point & Shoot 'Auto' feature is still a favourite for basic use until I learn what the other stuff's about.
d) Easy menu bar and dials.
e) Chunky but not heavy.
f) 10x Digital zoom
g) Pixelated photos are a thing of the past (hurrah!)
h) on MACRO setting, it takes a really sharp closeup of subject.

I must say it is well worth the money! :)))