Thursday, March 06, 2008

Three's a crowd

Had I known the 3 of us would be cozying up in 1 bed, I would've listened to Fidza and bought a King sized matrimonial bed.



From Day 1, we taught Arissa to sleep in her playpen but somehow she'd always end up on our bed, sandwiched between Hafidz & me- her favourite position.

We then tried putting her to sleep in our bed (a mistake but makes sleeptime a lot more manageable with less tears) and then move her afterwards. This worked erratically- sometimes she'd sleep through the night, other times she'd wake up screaming for us.

She was also quickly outgrowing her playpen so we bought her a pretty little girly bed and placed it next to ours. Its an extendable bed from Ikea and pretty large so she can thrash around in her sleep comfortably. Alas... it has now become MY bed. She has purposefully taken over my side of the big bed, right next to Daddy. And she claims her rightful place every night when we hand her the milk bottle.

I think my spine will be permanently bent into an 'S' position if this goes on any longer. :[