Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Smiles for Monday


I'm a terrible parent for not rectifying this sooner. Her long sighted degree was so high, it was much higher than mine and I'm blind as bat without my glasses. At +7.5, Sofie was literally living in a blurry world. Hence the temper flare ups and the general malaise. 

Sapna got her ready for the moment she needed to put on her glasses, as the opthalmologist at KKH advised that she has to wear them all the time. "My magic glasses, Godma says, will give me superpower Mummy!", she tells me and my heart aches thinking how her beautiful eyes will be obscured by thick heavy lenses.

I was nervous for the moment but as soon as she put on her glasses, there was a huge smile on her face and she exclaimed loudly "wowwww!!!! I can see the floor!!! Mummy I can see you!!" 

She scratched one lens within 2 hours of getting them (damn $180 lenses!!) but she has been such a happy bunny since that all is forgiven.

No more Monday blues y'all!!