Friday, June 06, 2014

Confessions of a Blogger

I started this blog sometime in late 2006 with the aim of, one day, sharing its contents with the kids. Its basically an open diary for me- someone known in my circle to have short term memory. 

And today that goal that I set out 8 years ago came true. I was lounging in bed complaining to Arissa about how Aidan still doesnt say "Mama". His first words were in fact "Dada" and "Up there", the latter so complex I wonder how he still doesnt grasp "Mama". Anyway she asks me when she started talking. And it suddenly dawned on me that I have a video of her talking on my blog. I gave her the ipad and showed her the url and voila! she goes back in time and down memory lane-

"Hey! Thats Godma!! And Anish is a baby!"

"Mummy i remember playing here at Aunty Fidza's basement with lots and lots of toys- that was so fun!"

"Oh yaaaaa! I remember now how Sofie looked like when she was a baby"


I got such a sense of fulfilment!! Even though the posts became few and far between when I moved to FB and Instagram, they were still fun to scroll through together. 

Ok I've resolved to be more diligent in writing my posts from now on. Hopefully I read this post with Sofie and Aidan in a few years time- that would be so awesome 💗