Monday, January 26, 2009

Lazy bones

I must say.. the 2nd pregnancy is rather different than the 1st one. There're a lot more ailments to deal with- rheumatism being one of them- I'm not sure if its the chilly weather of late or just my hormones causing the knee caps to ache continuously at night.

I remember how weak my knees felt for about 2+ months after delivering Arissa and I wonder if perhaps I hadn't taken proper post-natal care of my body (don't shower in too hot/too cold water; wear slippers at home to stop the cold from creeping into your body; don't drink fizzy drinks etc. etc.)??

[Note to self: Buy bedroom slippers today.]

Perhaps the worst ailment of all is laziness. I don't fancy going out- shopping is almost bothersome, meeting/chatting to friends are a rare occasion these days.. In a bid to bounce out of this phase, I've forced myself to stop giving silly excuses and say AYE! to meetup sessions..



















Raena & me at Ritz Carlton for Garick's lavish wedding. He's a friend/coursemate in Curtin and heir to Kea Building (y'know, the blue one beside Bras Basah Complex with the McD on the groundfloor).



















My high school reunion @ Anderson Secondary School. The highlight was being picked up by Suzana in THE CAR, the Audi R8. For the uninitiated, this cult car carries a S$592,000 price tag and has a 9-month waiting list. GTR?? -pffffffffffft...




















And speaking of fast cars, this one is not but then costs only 10% of the R8. Doing a friend a favour by going for a test drive on the Opel Corsa, requiring me to be behind the wheel for all of 3 hours! But there's just something s-w-e-e-t about a Conti.
~ SWW Feb 09 edition ~

And then there was Hafidz's 33rd birthday to plan. From my track record, events planning is something I still suck at so I left the important part of the planning- the eating- to Sapna & Anil, whose anniversary falls on the same day. And, of course, nothing in my part of the planning went according to plan that CNY day.

After dropping Arissa off at sitter's, Hafidz & I had to comb Orchard Road for a decent brunch joint, finally ending up at Swensons. Everything else was closed. I had planned a movie after brunch, a luxury we parents don't easily afford, but nothing on the movielist tickled Hafidz's fancy, it was either chickflicks (Bride Wars) or something that showcased actors/actresses he didn't like watching (Branden Fraser among them).

We combed Orchard Road again for a karaoke club, except K-Box do not offer hourly sessions and Party World was closed for CNY. We ended up in Basement 3 of Ming Arcade for a dinghy-looking family karaoke- but cheap! S$20p/h for a room and birthday boy belted out Nidji and Peter Pan to his heart's content. For me, it was a way to kill time to the next surprise...



















...meeting SapNil @ Carousel for high tea. I was still full from my late brekkie (I can't be full, I'm pregnant!) but the spread was pretty good and soon, we were all tucking in to the fine grub and having a jolly good time.


























And lastly, Anish's birthday present- giving Godpa a head massage.



















*Burp* I've hardly put on any weight since getting pregnant, the weighing machine still says 48kg. Where does all the food go!