Monday, April 28, 2008

Ma Ma Ma My Leona

So there I was- its 1am on Thursday and I'm not the least bit sleepy. I think its the stress of producing this bloody TVC and also the 3 cups of coffee I had sucked down in the daytime. The hubby's with his best friend somewhere, avoiding me and my foul temper. American Idol is on but I'm not really watching... but then Leona Lewis came onstage and I snapped back to reality. Oh, how I love that husky voice of hers. She made me sit up and forget my worries for all of 2 minutes.

She crooned Bleeding Love live on the Idol stage and it sounded exactly as it did on my CD (courtesy of the hubby), even the falsettos were pitch-perfect! I was a teeny bit disappointed though, expecting her to belt out an equally marvelous variation of the song. Well, at least now I know that voice is an original.. If you're a fan too, checkout the single Homeless on her current release.



Anyway, the husband is not blind after all (!!) to my misery and has booked a trip next week for the whole family- MIL and BIL included. I hope its somewhere remote and secluded where I can effectively de-stress and generate more zen ;}