Wednesday, April 30, 2008

For all spa junkies

I've been meaning to pop into House of Traditional Javanese Massage @ Arab Street for my fav ginger wrap as the knots and aches in my body are getting really intolerable. Even the ridiculously expensive King Koil pillow I bought for my neck ache didn't help to eleviate the pain. In fact, it went from firm to soft within a span of 1 month. So much for that! Next pillow will be those $20 ones from Aussino...



BUT, one of the locations for yesterday's TVC shoot was The Rainforest Spa @ Safra Yishun. The very friendly, very accommodating frontdesk manager, Steven, and I got to talking and, me being a spa junkie, sussed out their promotions. Apparently they have an ongoing off-peak package tailored for the public. For S$38, members of the public can access a 70 minute treatment which includes:

20m Steam/Sauna
20m Outdoor Jacuzzi
30m Back Massage


Well of course I didn't hesitate!! I booked a package for me and my aching body at 11am this morning! But then little miss scatterbrain forgot to pack her swimwear and had to wear a loose, grubby one provided by the spa (ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww).

Note to self: Next time, pack swim wear, bath salts and toiletries.

The steam was alright (but then I never really enjoyed steam baths anyways), the hot water in the jacuzzi housed in a wooden gazebo overlooking the pool was lots better and the final 30m back massage was exactly what I needed. Boy... do i feel great now!

... if only I can go home for a nap instead of coming into the office to get sucked into a meeting which I really really really did not want to attend (as it entailed watching a grown man weep)....that would've been a perfect day right there. *yawn*