Thursday, October 03, 2013

Wean-win situation



I really connect at an emotional and spiritual level with this poster. In fact the similarity is uncanny.. I, too, have an infant boy who will be desperate enough to suckle in any position I subject him to. Usually at the end of the day when I get home from work, so the sight isn't as pretty, as you can imagine- a weary dishevelled Mother 'attacked' by her whiny, desperate bub.


What does he do in his free time when Mummy is at work? He sucks the communication tool that projects my voice every Monday to Friday at 430pm.

In keeping with Breast Cancer Awareness month, I will continue to breastfeed him until he turns one (in 14 days time!!) and then will worry about switching him to the bottle eventually. He enjoys it, I enjoy it, its good for him and relaxing for me (see how serene she looks in the poster).. plus breastfeeding has been proven to lower chances of breast cancer too! A real no-brainer..

And if anyone fancies some cancer education on 19 Oct, visit http://map.operationpink.sg, an initiative from Mt Elizabeth Novena. Hashtag them #operationpink in Instagram/FB and they will donate 50cents towards cancer research and treatment. A nobel cause indeed!