Monday, July 01, 2013

Watch and Learn

Seriously you can make/learn just about anything these days with youtube.. I bet if I watched religiously enough, I can even learn to build a house, or d.i.y my kitchen reno, or lay a new timber flooring in my house. 

Ever since my maternity leave in 2009 where I was awed by Martha Stewart's shows, I have a secret ambition- to open up a kids crafting store, so we find granny-friendly apps like Craftgawker on my iphone, lol. Excitingggggg..

But do not be mistaken! For nothing is as easy as it looks. Here are some tries:

Hair chalking tutorial: use hard not soft crayon pastels for a more vibrant colour. Washes off easily!

Macaroon tower tutorial (ok I only directed this look with the help of a professional baker): use macaroon shell only if on a budget.

Lollipop stand tutorial (blue & red cone): my favourite at every party. Easy n cheap to do.

Diaper cake tutorial: so tough to bake for first timer me. 

Face painting tutorial (on a squirmy model, not ideal): store bought pallette is bad bad bad- chalky and resistant to soap. This cat design is simplest to do, I think.

About to start on beading necklaces/bracelets for kids tutorial ;).. In time for Eid!!

I am faaaaaaaar from good but at least, I have stumbled upon a new passion (in fact, probably my one and only excitement...) and find the whole crafting business so fascinating! Even the kids are happy for me to use them as models/scapegoats. 

Now if only I have a proper garage to get those spraycans going and refurbish old furniture, I would die happy.