Monday, July 22, 2013

Kawaii

Remember a time when you thought wearing specs were cool? Well I remember how I would purposely try to damage my eyes (by standing close to the tv, by reading in semi darkness) in the hopes that one day I would actually be myopic enough to wear glasses. 

When the day came for an eye test in P4, and the nurse declared I need a degree of -25 and -75, I was elated! My wish was fulfiled. 

Fast forward 10 years later and I wish I didn't have to bother with cumbersome frames, esp when it comes in the way of whatever little eye makeup I could sneakily put on before hanging out with my girlfriends on a trip to InKids (remember them??!). The combination of big frizzy hair and glasses was the ultimate fashion disaster even Diana Ross couldn't pull off.

So I have invested in a pair of $8 frames from Bugis Market for Big Sis who seems to be going that direction. Little Sis got a pair too although hers looks better on me than on her cherubic face.



So this year's Eid theme is nailed down- Gwiyomi anyone??