Sunday, January 06, 2013

Where did that come from?

Driving past my alma mater one fine night I promptly called out to Arissa

"Kakak, this is my school loooong ago. Its a University, only clever people can get to come her" (ok shoot me, I was trying to motivate her)

"Really.... (doubtful voice) but Mummy I'm not clever. I can't even spell 'motorbike'"

"S'ok Kak, you will learn all that in school. The important thing is that you are hardworking"

"(increasingly whiny)No No.. but I don't like hardworking! I like.. I like easyworking!"


#thatswhy


**


Driving past flea market near Mum's one fine morning..

"Oh good there's a pasar malam here. I need to get you girls some towels- what would it be, more Princess?"

"anything laaaa... our towels oso so rabaaaak already"


#anakmetropolitan


**

I was a bit worried that Sofia isn't conversing properly even at age 3 and even read up the diagnoses for autism. One of the sign is that autistic children cannot relate to sarcasm or humour. I think now that I just got a tad paranoid:


Taking out a Toblerone bar for dessert, I waved it in front of the two girls zoned out on Team Umizoomi, they favourite cartoon show:

"Mummy's favourite!"

Arissa: "me too me too!"

Sofia: "ooh ooh.. me three!"


#silenceisgolden