Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Seduced

I'm not exactly an arty character.. my credentials list like a kids pop-up book: short, spontaneous events that add a bit of colour to an otherwise regular life. Attended WOMAD once? twice?, attended 2? 3? plays because I've friends performing (read: free tickets), musical? no thanks I would rather be in the movies.

... so when Sapna called and said "Babe, I've got free tix to a show at the Esplanade", it was right up my alley. First I get to spend time alone (no kids, no hubby) with my best friend (something we TRY to do but hardly gets done), secondly its free and thirdly I need a distraction from the stress at work. I didn't even ask what the show was and because she and I think alike, she said "If it gets too boring, we can leave halfway and grab a bite". Haha.

Well, we didn't have time to get bored. We sat riveted throughout this performance? installation? called The Manganiyar Seduction.


















It was an Indian musical performance of a different kind altogether and never have my senses been fully and completely assaulted by something so seductive, so elaborate, so uplifting, so... arty! :)

Maybe its time to look out for the next Singapore Arts Festival, though I doubt the husband will enjoy it. He would rather watch men beat up other men:



















PS: I forgot to mention that President Nathan sat 3 rows behind us, enjoying the show for the 2nd time! Gaaaaah.