Monday, August 05, 2013

Lil Champ

He has shown signs of being bored with the Nestle breakfast cereal that we buy for him for awhile now. I am scratching my head thinking what alternatives I have for his breakfast- preferably something easy to whip up and nutritious (read: not out of a can/box). And youtube proved itself a saving grace.

There are very few food channels that dedicate itself to baby food but I found 2 that I really like, for its simplicity and for its nutritional factor.

And from one of them, I learnt this breakfast meal:

... a puree of avocado and banana and strips of lightly toasted bread.

He took it well for a first-timer, enough to keep me motivated to try other recipes from the web soon.

But he has been consuming a variety of foods- from Ramadhan dates to roti jala to mushroom potato potage Campbell soup to Ovalmatine biscuits. And loooovin' it.