Thursday, October 04, 2012

Taking stork

Its all a bit strange in hindsight. I remember getting the diagnosis from my KK gynae prior to our wedding.

"You have polycystic ovarian syndrome which means getting pregnant can be a challenge"

My world crumbled around me. Infertile??! How do I tell the soon-to-be husband..

Hafidz already knew something was not right with my irregular cycles and when I finally told him what it *could* mean, he was surprisingly calm. He pointed out that we could always adopt. Aah, the beauty of pre-marital love- they always are willing to forgive your shortcomings.

But somehow, we got pregnant 6 months after the wedding. I breezed through the pregnancy and the labour and out came a healthy little girl. Followed by a 2nd little girl. And I told the world "that's it. My production line's closed". But in time, God showed me little signs here and there, that having a little boy is important too.

And so we got pregnant again.

And family/friends all around me were surprised, knowing I wished to stop at 2. Even my own parents were caught off-guard, I was most worried telling them the news, don't ask me why.

And God fulfilled our ardent prayers to please bless us with a boy this time. Not because I like boys over girls, not because a boy is more important than a girl but just so I can really shut down the 'factory' without feeling an ounce of guilt.

I just never thought I'd get here. The only advise I have for all PCO sufferers is a medical professional is never 100% accurate. If God wills it, it will happen so continue hoping and praying.

And shagging.

:)