Monday, October 12, 2009

10Oct09

Our Eid open house coincided with Sofia turning 4 months and Arissa's 3rd birthday (according to Muslim annual calendar). As usual, they were the exact opposites that day- Arissa bouncy and gregarious; Sofia quiet and observant.

Everyone came, made small talk, ate the catered fare and Hafidz's homemade spaghetti bolognaise, made more small talk, rested in my air-conditioned room and made more small talk.

Amzhar: black pepper beef ni power! dah muak makan rendang jek..

Hafidz's old buddy, Azhar & family came too!

Running out of floor space at one point! But nobody wanted to sit in my wing chair... *hrrh*

Cik Faridah & 1 year old Farid Azman who did not cry one bit. I reckon he was too absorbed in Arissa's toys to hear my MIL's booming voice.

Shazila: The bolognaise is what I eat everyday at Fish & Chicks.. thank god there's other food!

Aqil: Sofia, help put a stop to baby coddling. I so rimas!! Cry as loud as you can..
Sofia: Bugger bugger... I didn't even know I had a voice.

We love Arissa's bed!!