Monday, October 20, 2008

Eid 08

My, my... looking at last year's Eid photos, its pretty obvious how Arissa has grown over the course of a year..


.. She looks so prim & proper here! How deceiving pictures are (it took me 5 takes and a lot of persuasion to get a decent solo photo with the hairclip on!)

And oh! the damage done to Mummy and Daddy- a year's worth of extra white hair and added wrinkles..




This year's standard line of questioning is "So when is No 2 coming?" to which my retort is "I'm skinny enough, one more and I'll disappear into thin air!"

Compared to last year where Arissa was a social butterfly and took to everybody instantly, this year she was at the other extreme- clinging onto me and burying her face in my dress until she warms up enough to the strange gathering of hot and sweaty aunties/ uncles/ cousins who make enough ruckus to wake up the dead.

We organised a mini open house the day after Arissa's Muslim birthday, 17 Syawal. Thanks all for popping in and hope you ate enough :)