Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On a wing and a prayer

Daniela Prina is a 13 month old baby who will be undergoing surgery today for Hirschprung Disease. I have never met this little angel in person, as she lives far away in Brussels but her mother, Imelda Paulina and I are friends from my early days in IFA.


Im and I text and call each other from time to time, usually when she's home-sick and missing good homecooked Indonesian fare but we haven't been in touch for a good 6 months now, as duty call means we're too busy with our bubs to keep in touch as often as before. So her email last week came as a surprise, albeit not a very pleasant update- an appeal for our prayers for the safety of her little girl. I cannot imagine if Arissa had to go through the same deal, I don't think I would be strong enough like Imelda to take it in stride.

So to Imelda and Adamo.. our prayers are with you during this difficult time. Little Daniela, may you get better in record time sweetheart and I hope to see you soon when Mama comes through Singapore for her home trip.