Friday, August 22, 2008

Maybe Baby part deux

...and whilst we're still on the topic of baby-making, my period has gone MIA again since 5 June. GASP!!! I do a mental check every morning because I think I know my pregnancy symptoms pretty well by now:

1) Fever - no

2) Woozy head - no

3) Pukey feeling when brushing teeth - no

4) Lethargy - yes
**but could be because I have inherited Arissa's tiny bed??

5) Sudden hunger pangs, followed by weakness - a little

So on Friday, I took the day off and popped unannounced into Lawrence Ang's office. He remembers my ongoing battle with PCO and asked if I've taken any urine test yet. Answer: No. He tells me he will do a short scan to see if I'm pregnant. Answer: Yes please. 2 short minutes later, I've got my confirmation.

No growth i.e. fibroids. No cysts. No foetus. Just my hormones acting up again.

A round of dydrogesterone and the period would show up within a week of course completion. IF I'm not pregnant.

"Next time you guys are trying, let me know and we will put you on the fertility programme", he advises and a sudden feeling of deja vu embraced me (different gynae, same line, 4 years ago. God willing, we conceived within 8 months of our marriage- we should be so lucky). He continues "Then your husband don't have to keep trying all over the shop". I told him we're not trying for No 2. Yet. Heee....

I left his office, paid S$110 for that and texted hubby who is in Malaysia:

"I'm not pregnant, doc says. Are you disappointed?"

He texts back:

"A little."

Please don't tell me he is buying into the whole Parenthood Package deal!! Argh..