Friday, February 22, 2008

Nikon vs Canon

I've been chewing on this for about a month now...

My old crappy Lumix needs to be replaced as its dying of old age and natural causes. I made the mistake of buying a Panasonic in the 1st place- I hated it from the word 'Go' (sorry Joe, know you're trying to convince me otherwise). When I bought it 2 years ago, it was the most expensive entry-level camera on the shop's shelf (setting me back $599). Acting on impulse, I bought it without as much as 5mins research on the product, based on sales person recommendation- what a mistake.

Thanks to this
review website, I can now view the pictures taken by the cameras before deciding on one. And it has come to an age-old competition between Nikon and Canon. I must say I love my 1st Nikon in terms of colour quality & ease of use but I'm also itching to try a Canon.


IF i decide to take photography up as a hobby (hey, its kinda work requirements), makes more sense to get:





NIKON P5100



CANON Powershot SX100IS




But can I really be arsed? I mean I hardly have time to read a book, much less consider taking up a new hobby so its point-and-shoot, no fuss, entry-level cameras? For that I must say, I like this one best!



CANON IXUS 75t