Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Is it coming yet?

37.5 weeks and waiting and waiting and waiting....

Had a gynae checkup on Monday- bub weighs 2.5kg (not bad!), mummy weights a mere 60.7kg. I was worried that I'm not putting on enough weigh (only 11kg so far) but nurse assures me that as long as baby is a healthy weight, I should not be too worried.

Arissa's position is head-down but she isn't engaged yet, in fact she is lying on her right. I told Dr Ang that I was having mild period-like cramps the whole night before and he offered to do an internal exam to check me out. Man, it hurt!!! I squeezed the nurse's hand so hard I think I saw her wince! He then appeared rather puzzled and told me that I'm already a little dilated (anxious me forgot to ask how many cm!!!) and that I should come back in 2 days time to see him.

The next day, I had some brown mucous discharge and went straight to my cousin Lin for clarification. Apparently its normal after a vaginal examination and that I should only inform my gynae if there is blood in the discharge.

So after 2 days of waiting, waiting, waiting... we're back to square one. Everyone has been so sweet, calling and asking if I'm ok but the fact is this waiting is driving me insane. Its like waiting for Mt Merapi to erupt.... a lot of smoke but naaaaaathing.... urgh!

Am going to gynae today again, will keep everyone informed.

xoxo